2021 Data: Total Indonesia Population 273 Million People, More Men than Women

            The Directorate General of Dukcapil, Ministry of Home Affairs (Kemendagri) updated the population data for the second semester of 2021. The total population of Indonesia as of December 30, 2021, was 273,879,750 people. “There is an increase of 2,529,861 people compared to 2020,” said the Director-General of Dukcapil, Zudan Arif Fakrulloh, in a written statement, Wednesday (23/2/2022). Zudan said that of the total 273 million people, 138,303,472 people were men (50.5%). While the other 135,576,278 people are women (49.5%).

            The area with the largest population at the provincial level is West Java (Jabar) with a population of 48,220,094 people. Meanwhile, North Kalimantan Province is the province with the least population of 698,003 people. At the district/city level, Bogor Regency is the area with the largest population of 5,327,131 people.

Feb 24, 2022, DetikNews